Live Updates to know about Chennai Rains: The rain has been unstoppable and Chennai has been trapped in as hell in the rains. But the rescue operations, donations, social services and obviously the support of the government has been noteworthy and there has been lot of improvement in the critical condition of the destroyed city. Let’s get to know some exigent live updates which is favourable for the people who are submerged.
- Adyar cancer hospital is in need of all blood groups, so if you are anywhere near and safe, please do visit the hospital and donate your precious blood.
- Life in flood-hit Chennai is slowly going back to as it was, with shops opening up and a huge clean up.
- All domestic and international flight operations will resume from Chennai airport tomorrow morning.
- Live Updates to know about Chennai Rains
- Chennai Metro trains to begin its operations from 5am tomorrow.
- US has said India a “strong partner” and confirmed that it is ready to assist the people of Chennai, Tamil Nadu and the Indian Government in the worst scenario of the floods.
LIC eases claim settlement norms for Tamil Nadu customers.
- India’s largest insurer LIC has stretched concessions and relaxations to policyholders who were ruined and trapped by the havoc floods in Tamil Nadu.
If your passport is lost or damaged in floods, pl go to any of three PSKs in Chennai. They will issue u fresh passport free of charge. Pl RT
— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) December 7, 2015
- PNB MetLife said to have established a dedicated claims helpline for the Tamil Nadu flood victims with Toll free number 18004256969 in order to provide relief and assistance to the victims.
- Shah Rukh Khan sanctions Rs 1 crore towards flood relief in Tamil Nadu & the famous musician of India, A R Rahman donated 25 Lakh. That’s very generous of both this celebrities.
- Passport office to re-issue passports without any cost.
- UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav announces Rs 25 crore fund for Chennai relief operations.
- District Collector of Chennai declared holidays for educational institutions in the whole city on December 8 and 9, 2015.
- The whole Cricket Team of India including Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane and Ravichandran Ashwin dedicated the home team’s 3-0 Test series win over South Africa to the victims of the devastating Chennai floods and also praised the Indian Army for their rescue and relief work.
- 11 trains from Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore cancelled today.
- Flood alert has been brought out in Tiruvannamalai and Cuddalore districts.
- Water has been released from lakes around Cuddalore.
- Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa has declared that photocopies of exigent t documents like Aadhar card, bank pass book, education certificate etc will be given to people.
- A leading UAE-based firm has distinctive to waive off the commission for money transfers donated for Chennai flood victims to support inflow of still more funds to the deluge-hit state.
Live Updates to know about Chennai Rains
With water advanced in most parts of Chennai and its suburbs, the only concerns are now on clearing the various areas of the waste and muck left behind along with rehabilitation of affected people.
Article publié pour la première fois le 07/12/2015