Finally, the merger of Bollywood actress and right arm off-spinner took place in a grand way as it was expected. Harbhajan Singh, the bowler of the current Indian Cricket team, tied an auspicious knot with the gorgeous Bollywood actress, Geeta Basra. This marriage was in the news since long as the promising ceremony was scheduled on October 29, 2015. The wedding and the reception of this celebrity came to limelight when almost all the dignitaries of India were found to attend the reception that took place in Delhi. Let us grab some highlights from the chromatic ceremony of Bhajji and Geeta.
- Harbhajan Singh did ‘Ghada Gharoli’ ceremony at the Golden Temple, Amritsar before his grand wedding. He carried a matka on his head; this is considered to be very ritual for them.
- Sangeet, Mehendi ceremony was pre-started on October 27, 2015, when Bhajji was dressed like a dapper with a green turban and blue kurta.
- Geeta Basra’s Mehendi ceremony went viral on Twitter when she uploaded his picture with pink and yellow lehenga, dangling jhumkas and eye-catching accessories.
- Before her wedding, the actress was super-excited when she started capturing selfie pictures with her best friends all night long.
- The duo had never revealed anything until September 2015 when the couple opened up about their relationship and getting married.
- Raghavendra Rathore, the designer of Harbhajan Singh, dressed bridegroom in a blue velvet embroidered achkan. Archana Kochhar, the designing lead for Geeta Basra, appareled bride with gold and red traditional lehenga.
- The marriage took place at Phagwara, a town which is 21 km away from Jalandhar, on October 29, 2015. 200 five-star rooms were booked for the guests and family members for the marriage ceremony.
Read more: Who is Arshi Khan? What’s her controversy?
- Mika Singh bestowed his voice in the sangeet occasion that included numbers of cricketers, celebrities and dignitaries. Let’s have a look at them who attended the off-field function.
- Who can make the reception more terrific better than the Prime Minister of India? Yes, Narendra Modi attended the ceremony scheduled on November 1, 2015. Ex-PM, Manmohan Singh also cared for this function who made his presence felt especially for Harbhajan Singh.
Read more: Titli movie is awesome, Know why?
From cricketers to Bollywood celebrities, politicians to businessmen, the reception appeared the grandest marriage of the year anyone would crave to be in.
- Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Murali Vijay, R Ashwin, V Kohli, Anil Kumble, Punjab DGP-KPS Gill, Ravi Shastri, IPL and Congress MP-Rajeev Shukla, etc. were the dignitaries who involved themselves in the reception.
- There was a complaint lodged against Harbhajan Singh that he served tobacco at the wedding to the guests. The duo was troubled by the reports that hookah was served with 113 types of tobacco. According to DNA, the reports said that the Sikh organizations have asked to file the case the couple. Harbhajan came to apologize outside the brawl of the wedding venue when the private guards of Singh illegally broke a reporter’s camera.
Article publié pour la première fois le 04/11/2015